- 2:1 ratio of vegetarian oyster sauce and hoisin sauce
- Can of Coco Rico
- 1 lb tofu, pressed and fried
- Shitake mushrooms
- Bok choy
- Minced garlic
- 1 quart water
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 to 2 tsp salt
- Chop and pickle vegetables in brine.
- Brown lemongrass in vegetable oil. Add Coco Rico, vegetarian oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and mushroom seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add tofu and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables and simmer until desired texture.
- Serve with rice and pickled vegetables.